Made-to-measure molding sand preparation
EIRICH specializes in systems for preparing bentonite-bonded molding sand, and for many years the company has maintained a close working relationship with foundries, moldmakers and research organizations. A steadily increasing number of EIRICH sand preparation systems for gray iron, steel and aluminum castings are supplying the molding lines of all the major manufacturers worldwide, delivering leading-edge quality, throughput and efficiency.
Molding sand preparation with air cooling
Molding sand for the efficient production of castings
State-of-the-art compacting technology for sand molds can make a significant contribution to casting efficiency provided that the molding sand consistently meets stringent quality criteria.
The most important quality criteria for molding sand are:
- Exact compliance with compactibility specifications
- Excellent flowability
- Uniform strength values
- Optimal gas permeability
The EIRICH mixing system is ideally suited to meet this requirements profile:
- Perfect homogenization of return sand, new sand and additives
- Fast, complete distribution of the water which is added to the mix
- Sufficient duration of the wet mixing phases
- The bentonite is completely dispersed and forms a uniform coating on the grains of sand
The EIRICH mixing system with its unique advantages produces top quality sand with excellent reproducibility.